These last few weeks have been a little stressful with juggling work, Uni and my blog all at the same time, there have been times where I have thought can I actually handle this, getting myself worked up and exhausted and taking it out on the people closest to me.
As per whenever I’m stressed my stomach issues spiral out of control and I end up being really ran down and feeling like utter shit. For the reference, I have irritable bowel syndrome and my gut has a mind of its own sometimes (if you have it, you’ll know what I mean). Rushing around and grabbing a sandwich or gluten free pasta for dinner isn’t healthy and it takes it’s toll after a few weeks.
Normally I’m very careful with what and when I eat but you know what it’s like when we have busy lives? we forget the most important thing, which is our health. If we haven’t got our health we haven’t got anything right?
I was being ignorant to the fact I work in a Natural health shop part time and advise people on a weekly basis on things we can do to help ourselves. Something just clicked and I’ve remembered a few things I’d like to share. I now no longer feel stressed about my deadlines, about my blog progression and about anything for that matter. Here are the reasons why:
- Your life is already planned out for you, obstacles will occur – for you to get over them and become stronger
- Neals Yard De stress essential oil is the best thing to diffuse when feeling stressed. You know when you smell a certain smell and it makes you so warm inside and you instantly feel relaxed? well that’s ylang ylang and neroli for me.
- You are attracting negative things when you’re in that state of mind. So just change your thought pattern if you feel stressed get organised, write that list, make those phone calls, take control of your situation.
- Taking some time out for yourself will not make you miss a deadline. Infact it will make you more motivated to bang out your best work so go and have a nice soak, do a face mask, turn your phone off or flip it on the other side like I do, put some music on and just let your brain rest for one moment! We spend far too much time thinking.. about work, about instagram, facebook, what we’re going to have for lunch, dinner, when we can buy those shoes we’ve wanted for a month, whether your sisters boyfriend is going to be at the family meal because you aren’t a fan of him. Just give it a little rest!
- Everything will come to you when it’s your time so just trust that it will. One thing my Grandma used to say to me when I got angry as a child “will this matter in 6 months?” usually the answer is no… so don’t waste time stressing.
You got this and can handle anything life throws at you.
photos by Zoe Griffin Photography