What is self-confidence?
Self-confidence is the way one feels about themselves in every way possible, mentally, physically and spiritually.
Everyone has insecurities, I mean I hate my nose and everyone always says what’re you talking about you have a normal nose but I don’t it’s so round at the end, it just makes me cringe! I think it’s important to address your insecurities and then deal with them.
It’s up to you how you deal with them, I think just learning to accept that no one is perfect and just focusing on loving yourself and building confidence in your own way is the best way, however there have been many times I’ve been tempted to go and have a boob job or go and get my nose done and stuff myself every single meal so I can’t move, to put weight on. I mean realistically, I would be shit scared to ever have a boob job (I think) and I always feel ill when I’m too full so I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ll probably always be a skinny, curved nose, no boobs lady and I’m so okay with that.
There are so many expectations now and I think anyone who says you have to look ‘a certain way’ is full of shit, I think everyone should be able to be who they want to be regardless what the media or anyone else says for that matter. I wear fake tan every single day, I hate it when I’m pale because I personally think I don’t look great, I wouldn’t stop wearing fake tan because someone tells me I don’t need to wear it? It’s about doing what you want to do to make you feel confident about yourself? DISCLAIMER – I’m not saying that if you wear fake tan or get lip fillers it will make you feel better about yourself, I’m saying you should feel comfortable with anything you want to or don’t want to do.
Here are my top 5 tips I use when I get caught up in a negative spiral
- Stop comparing yourself to other people, whenever you find that you’re looking through someones feed and thinking “why don’t I look like that” you need to force yourself to put your phone down and take a second.
- Remember you can do whatever you want, so whilst you’re thinking, why aren’t I as good as that girl or why can’t I take photos like that? stop wineing to yourself and get something done, go and teach yourself to take better photos if that’s the case
- Have a pamper day/evening, this will be sure to get you back up to your full spirits. Run a bath, make a nice dinner, do a facial and just have a chilled evening rather than worrying all night about what anyone else is doing
- Buy some new clothes – okay this one might only be me? Whenever I buy new clothes, I literally feel like a new person. If you can’t afford to go and buy a load of new clothes then why don’t you mix up the ones you’ve already got and try to style items differently.
- Read mindful books, you can find my favourite one >> The Secret I’ve Been Using